Your Privacy is Critical
We are committed to respecting and protecting your privacy and we value your trust. Therefore, we want to make sure you understand our privacy policies and this statement will tell you what information we collect, how we use it and how we protect it.
With your consent, we may gather personal information from you in person, at our office, over the phone, or by corresponding with you via mail or online through our website.
Our rules of professional conduct that come with the various professional designations that we hold, require that the confidentiality of our clients and former clients be carefully maintained. These rules of professional conduct also require that the personal information of our clients not be used for personal advantage or for the advantage of a third party.
Our website does not collect personal information unless you chose to provide it and we are committed to ensuring your privacy while you visit our website. Information you provide is used to create an account, answer your queries and deliver purchases. You can visit us on this website without telling us who you are or revealing any information about yourself, including your e-mail address. Our web servers may collect the name of the domain you used to access the Internet, such as “google.ca” or “yahoo.com,” and the Web site you came from and visit next.
However, if you should connect with other organizations as a result of visiting our website, our privacy obligations would not extend to those other websites and we would encourage you to review their privacy statements particularly if you submit personal information.
From time to time on our website, like many website, certain types of information commonly referred to as “cookies” are used to collect certain types of information when your web browser accesses our website. “Cookies’ maybe used to save time for our visitors and users of our web site by remembering the products that you were interested in on your last visit, You are free to disable ‘cookies’ being used. We do not collect personal information in this fashion and it should be possible to make a change on your internet browser that will enable you to reject cookies.
How we use personal information
Given the array of services provided by Silver Compass the type of personal information that we may need to gather and obtain includes both factual and subjective information. Some of this information is recorded and some of it is not. We will collect personal information only for the following reasons:
- To provide the products or services that you have requested
- To understand the needs of clients in order to recommend products and services accordingly
- To improve our website and our website offerings based on information & feedback gathered
- To manage our business and to meet both legal and regulatory requirements
- To send periodic emails about new offerings, news, service information. All emails will include an unsubscribe options
We will not collect or use personal information about a client for any other reason without consent. We do not sell, trade or otherwise transfer to outside parties information about our clients and we do not share information about our clients for marketing purposes without consent.
Links to other websites
Types of information we collect
The personal information that we gather will vary depending upon the particular engagement that we are discussing and the services and products that we are providing and could include the following:
- Personal and Business contact information
- Personal and financial information
What information we may share
We are committed to the privacy of our clients and therefore we only share information as provided below:
- Third Party Service Providers: From time to time we employ other companies/individuals to perform functions on our behalf and these companies will require access to some of your personal information in order for us & them to perform our responsibilities Example: Delivery Companies
- Legal Requirements: We release personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with law or protect the rights, property, or safety of our company, our employees and others. This would include exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud and credit-risk reduction.
- There would be no use of your personal information for the purpose of selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes
How we safeguard personal privacy
We strive to protect your personal information and we employ reasonable physical, technological and organizational security policies & procedures to make our best effort at properly protecting personal information. While we strive to use every reasonable effort possible to protect your personal information however, certain transmissions over the internet or electronic storage sometimes let us down and are not 100% secure.
For the security of transactions, we use the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol, which encrypts any information you send to us electronically. The encryption process protects your information, such as your credit card number, billing and shipping information by scrambling it before it is sent to us from your computer. Once our websites receive your transmission, we make commercially reasonable efforts to ensure its security in the system. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while the websites strive to protect your personal information, we cannot warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk
We also conform to the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) which is Federal legislation.
Our policies include the following:
- We will use or disclose personal information only for the purpose for which we have consent or as required by law.
- We will only share personal information about our clients in order to provide the products or services that have been requested by them. Any third party that that we share information with must adhere to our privacy policies or be allowed access to the information by governing legislation
- We strive to keep any and all personal information in our possession or control accurate, secure, complete and up-to-date.
- We protect the privacy of the personal information in our possession or control by using security safeguards appropriate to that information which may include restricted access as well as authentication, encrypted passwords, firewalls and other encryption technologies in the case of electronic information.
- We safely and securely destroy personal information that is no longer required for the stated purpose or for a legal or legitimate business requirement
- Occasionally, we may send e-mail communications with information that may be useful to clients including information about other products or services. Clients will be provided with an easy unsubscribe option should they wish to not recieve such correspondence in the future.
We are always available to answer any questions that clients may have regarding the collection and maintenance of personal information and we are committed to investigating any complaints. Our business like others changes and our Privacy Statement may change as well. Please periodically review our website for changes to such information.
Please forward any questions in writing or email to the address noted below: