Enhanced peace of mind
There are over 8 million Canadians today helping provide some type of care to a family member or friend with a long term health condition, disability or challenge related to aging. Thats about 25% of all Canadians. Providing care includes many actitivies like administering medications or medical treatments, helping with bathing or dressing, preparing meals, running errands or driving to medical appointments or helping their loved ones navigate the health care system etc.
About half or 48% of caregivers care for their own parents or parents-in-law and are between the age of 45 and 64 years of age. Given the age of the majoiry of caregivers it is probably no surprise to understand that 60% of caregivers are juggling work with caregiving and a full 28% of family caregivers are sandwiched between caregiving and childrearing. And that’s the primary reason why we believe that simple, affordable digital health technology can bring many benefits to the entire family including family caregivers without causing disruption or significant changes to your loved-ones daily routine or their dignity.
Benefits of using digital health technology will vary but some of the more common benefits are:
- Overcome difficult challenges that can be associated with caregiving
- Reduced need for more expensive options such as private care and/or disruptions to lifestyle that would come with a phyiscal move
- More informed level –of-care decisions and generally better health through better management of chronic conditions
- Improved cognition and memory
- Improved social connections which can lead to deeper connections with family members
- Reduced worry about protecting a loved one from safety concerns
We would be pleased to provide you with a free/no obligation consultation as well as more information and pricing. Contact us today.